54peanut

a journal of the work i do on my 1954 chevy 1/2-ton pickup, ''peanut''

Saturday, December 21, 2002

The Story So Far:
I got this truck from my dad in 1998 or 99, when I got my first apartment and needed a way to get to and from work (and college, occasionally). It was pretty much stock, except that my dad had converted the electrical system from 6V to 12V. Since then, I have (if memory serves) replaced the bed wood (with help from Dad and his friend Bob), installed a stereo (Blaupunkt tape deck with tape adapter for my CD and MP3 players, 6x9 JBL speakers behind the seats, and 3 1/2" Polk speakers on the dashboard), replaced the wiring harness (Chevy Duty), replaced the master brake cylinder (part from Chevy Duty again, installed by Boulder Muffler), replaced the head gasket (Gene's Continental Coach did that one) when it needed it, installed soundproofing material on the floor (Crutchfield), replaced the interior firewall cover (Chevy Duty again), replaced the distributor (at Gene's Continental Coach again, after an unfortunate DIY failure), and most recently replaced the U-joint after it exploded at a stop light in downtown Boulder (part from Mile High Classic). Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home