54peanut

a journal of the work i do on my 1954 chevy 1/2-ton pickup, ''peanut''

Monday, June 23, 2003

patience, yes...
After cleaning and re-gasketing my carburetor for the sixth or seventh time since I've owned Peanut, I still don't understand exactly how the air and fuel flow through the thing. But it's clean now, including the oil-bath air cleaner -- that I soaked in carburetor cleaner for about 30 minutes, dried with a hair dryer set on "cool," and re-filled with the proper amount of engine oil.

I just got my catalog from LMC truck, and lo and behold, they do sell the right fuel lines for Peanut, including the missing piece between the sender and the rubber hose that goes through the cab floor (although they don't appear to sell that hose). Now the dilemma becomes -- buy their stainless lines for $125ish all told, or go for high-pressure nylon-jacketed rubber lines like everyone keeps telling me to get. On the one hand, the rubber lines are sure to fit, and are MUCH cheaper. On the other hand, I want to show Inline Tube that they're really wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home