54peanut

a journal of the work i do on my 1954 chevy 1/2-ton pickup, ''peanut''

Sunday, March 16, 2003

fuel tank search
I decided to hold off on going to Speedway Auto Wrecking up in Erie yesterday to see if I could find any racing fuel cells in today's Denver Post/Rocky Mt. News classifieds. No luck. Somebody told me about another junkyard in Erie, called Blake's, that supposedly parts out the cars they get and keep inventory on their parts. I left them a message yesterday saying I was looking for a 39"x8"x15" fuel tank or fuel cell; hopefully they'll call back tomorrow. I've been looking on eBay for fuel cells, but I can't find anything in that particular size. They have some cells that might fit under the back of the bed, but I'm still aiming for the front of the bed as any other location will require a secondary fuel pump. We shall see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home