54peanut

a journal of the work i do on my 1954 chevy 1/2-ton pickup, ''peanut''

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Preparing for the preparation for the installation

Hmm...It's been a while.

I spent a few hours on Saturday attempting to unpack some tools and otherwise organize the garage so that I can actually find the tools I'll need to install Peanut's fuel system. Some progress was made - most significantly, I found what I think are all the parts necessary to finish putting the fuel system together (gas tank sender + a few extra gaskets, fuel filter, etc.).

I also ordered the two important parts I'm missing from the fuel system - the fuel lines themselves, ordered from LMC Truck, and some 1-3/8" ID tubing to connect the filler neck to the gas tank, ordered from McMaster-Carr.

The parts should all arrive by the end of the week, and I think that the same helpful co-worker who assisted me with the head install will be coming over this weekend to help with the fuel system install.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home